Tuesday, June 19, 2012

The Biggest LED TV in the World: 90" Sharp Aquos

Sharp has released a new product that's being called the world's largest LED television: a giant Aquos model that stands 4 feet tall and 6 feet 8 inches across. It might not be the biggest TV overall -- there are plasma HDTV's that are bigger apparently -- but it is definitely huge no matter how you look at it!

The LC-90LE745U is a 3D-capable set and features a 1080p full array LED screen. It has built-in WiFi connectivity and Sharp's unique SmartCentral user interface. The price for the 90-inch HDTV? Just 11 thousand dollars. $10,999.99 to be exact.

According to Sharp Electronics President John Herrington:
"[The 90 inch television] offers size, picture quality and smart functionality unlike anything consumers have experienced... Imagine yourself standing at the precipice of the Grand Canyon... It's 3,000 feet straight down. The wind howls in your ears. Your heart races as you leap forward and plummet toward the bottom. Just before you plunge into the river below ... you spill the popcorn all over the living room couch.... That's the experience you'll get when watching the breathtaking 90-inch (diagonal) AQUOS LED TV (model LC-90LE745U), introduced today by Sharp."
We say: This giant LED TV seems cool but for that price we'd rather have about a dozen or so nice 50" sets!

Learn some mo': Sharp unveils 'world's biggest' LED TV



1 comment:

  1. My coworker at Dish was telling me about this TV earlier today, and I was thrilled to hear such an awesome TV came about! That was until I heard about the price, lol! At first I thought it would be something close to my budget, so I was excited to start researching how I could get one in my home. I was planning everything in my head, and even had the picture of how awesome my HD shows would look from my Dish package. That all came crashing down when I saw 11k haha, but thankfully I do have the option to just purchase a few 50" sets instead. Those are more affordable, and will still make my free HD channels from Dish look absolutely amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete